Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Photo Story3...The Rough Side



Ok here is my rough draft!  I haven't gotten to the point of adding voice to it quite yet but I was able to add some background music.  I decided to use Photo Story3 because I have been reading a lot of blogs in the last few weeks where people seem to really enjoy this tool and find it very user friendly, and I have to agree. 

I have to say I did not run into any problems (so far  any way) where I came to screeching halt.  I liked the easiness there was with moving back and forth between images, and with adding words to the actual pictures, and also having the option to prepare my script for when I do add my voice.

I still plan to add some more images because I would like to have at least two minutes of footage as an introduction to students so they know what to expect as they move through the admissions process at Goodwin College.  I welcome any feedback as this is my first time making something on Photo Story3.

Oh one thing I did fumble with was adding the video to my blog.  I got an error message twice, so I tried saving the file as a Windows Media Player file so I could add it to my blog.  I played around with it and I am not quite sure what I did, but it worked.  I just hope I can figure it out again when I am ready to add my final draft!




5 comments:

  1. This looks great so far! I can't wait to hear the narration. :) That's the part I'm most anxious about doing. Whenever I hear my own voice I always feel like I sound SO WEIRD. I really like your selection of pictures, did you find those online? I'm taking my own pictures for my video, partly because I think it's tough to find good ones online that are free to use. But you came up with a really nice selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! A friend of mine who is in the Master’s program here for Counseling had me participate in 15 minute mock therapy session that she had to video tape (which is even weirder to watch back) and hearing my voice play back, I had to ask “Is that what I really sound like?!” And for the images I used the Google Advanced Image search and typed in “Goodwin College” and I was able to choose from a ton of available images so I was pretty lucky and can’t wait to see what the final project will look, and sound like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent transitions between images and really good choice for the soundtrack. Can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is coming along nicely.....I have yet to add my voice to mine as well, but you have great images that go perfectly. Looking forward to the final draft!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the music. The steps in the enrollment process flow well as the story is being told. I like how it ends with the picture of graduation. Look forward to viewing the final story!

    ReplyDelete