Monday, April 15, 2013

Xtranormal


goodwin college
by: ahuggins

I thought that the Xtranormal site was pretty cool!  It was definitely a lot different to use than Animoto or Photo Story 3.  It allowed you to chose your set, and your actors (you could have up to two) position the cameras, your body language, facial expressions and so on. So it is very detailed and really gives you the feel of creating a mini flick!  You get to preview it before processing it, so you are able to make any adjustments.  I found myself adjusting quite a few times to get my body language to match my narration perfectly.  After submitting it to be processed I received and email from Xtranromal, almost like a invoice, because I guess you are allowed a certain amount of  "Xtranormal points" to purchase your set, and actors etc.  I currently have 75 points left after creating this mini skit, but once you make a purchase that actor and set are always there for your use you do not have to repurchase.  So in a lot of ways this tool was very different than what I have used in class so far, and I think anyone can enjoy using for major projects or otherwise, you can definitely get carried away with the options you have.  My experience was a good one I encourage you all to check it out if you have never tried it before!

5 comments:

  1. This is really cool! A lot of similar websites don't work well with languages besides English - do you know if this one does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristin I went back and took a look, and I didn't see any options for different languages/accents like I did on the Voki site. What I am curious about is if you created a script in a different language if the avatar/actor would be able to recite it back properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really interesting Web 2.0 tool. You could put in signififcant historical quotes and use the video as a tool for students to identify and discuss their significance. Thanks for sharing about Xtranormal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like Xtranormal. It is cool to create a story where you can create everyting involved in the story. I choose a background noise of rain in the window. I spent some time getting the body movements to capture the text also. I got an e-mail from Xtranormal about having 75 points left. The e-mail was in my in box as "billing" and for a minute I thought I was going to be charged or went because I went over my points. In response to the post above I did not see any choices for different languages, has anyone else ? I did have issues trying to preview my moive before sending it to publsih.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really well done! I have seen a few people discuss this tool now, and I think it looks like something that a lot of students would love.

    ReplyDelete